Sunday, January 10, 2010

We are on the mend

at least I think :-) So Jeremiah and I had strep, the girls...well I'm not sure. They had fevers, aches, sore throats. With some TBA remedies, plus a bunch of other things (garlic, ear oil, apple cider vinegar and the like) we seem to be on the mend. The boys have a cough and runny nose. Everyone seemed to have something a little bit different than the next person. My throat cleared up, but then I came down with a secondary infection...an ear infection. So along with the above, I pulled out a big gun idea. We are currently only consuming raw fruits and veggies. So there is a lot of apple and orange snacking going on over here. Plus big salads for meals, along with some hefty smoothies. Today's smoothie was packed with the following: apples, pear, banana, strawberries, blueberries, celery, spinach, red leaf lettuce, carrots, cucumber, and a yellow squash-oh and some good bacteria, stevia and some ground flax seeds. I am hoping to stay with this all fruit/veggie diet for the next five days. That should knock out any remaining buggies! From there we will remain on the extra immune boosting "potions", and then add in other types of foods (like beans). A bit at a time, letting our bodies heal from the onslaught.

We were able to keep up with school this past week. The laundry and dishes were attended to, but other than that......hmmm well it got a little bit out of control. But today while I got to sleep in :-) the girls cleaned up the house. With the food prep that needs to be done, this made it a lot easier with things clean. Anyone with a juicer knows that a juicer can not be 'left for later' to clean. We will attempt to go to speech therapy tomorrow. It's been a while since Jed has gone.

On Jed news....he's been eating a whole lot!!! He almost attacked a bag of animal crackers. He also at a ton of chicken the other day. I was a bit worried that he wouldn't eat any of the raw foods, or the smoothies. But he totally surprised me and downed some fresh juice and drank up all his smoothie! Then he also ate some apple slices. Amazing! He is still getting his homemade formula during all of this. His system is not up for a huge change, so instead I am making sure to give him all the immune boosters.

I am looking forward (that would be an understatement) to getting back into the swing of things. The time down has afforded me a bit more time to crochet, and read. Not much....little boys, unless seriously sick, don't seem to lack any energy. Speaking of energetic boys, we have crying Jonah that needs attending to. He might be running all day, but he has been conking out earlier come bed time.

3 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Glad to hear y'all are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I've been holding off for a long time with this comment -- and I'm sorry to say it, but for a family who does so much homeotherapy and tries to eat so healthy, you have the most sick prone group I have ever met/heard of! So weird. And you homeschool and have your kids exposed (I think) to less people...no offense (I know Kerri Jo, you won't be) but wow I can't get over how often your family has buggies!! I think we are sick MAYBE 4 times a year? Hope it goes away soon and everyone is back up and running!xoxoxo
Izzy Sue :) remember that voicemail from college...LOL.

The Canine Scholar said...

Kerri,

Every now and then I check in on your blog and tonight was such a time ... I thought I would mention to you, Olive Leaf Extract, as I noticed you did not mention that in your 'healing' post. Althought the Bible doesn't specify WHICH tree, it says in Ezekiel 47:12 that the fruit of the tree shall be for food and the leaf for medicine. Seriously, check it out (google) ... it's a potent antibiotic type supplement that wards off infection as well as silver.

brett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...