Wednesday, October 14, 2009

lot of pictures!

I am really not happy with Blogger lately. I'm not sure if there is some upgrade that I know nothing about. I posted my before and after pictures of my haircut, however it won't let me rearrange my pictures, so the after picture is first! Oh, well. I also had a ton of other pictures to share and decided to put them in a montage. Before the montage I give you a run down of what you will be seeing :-)

"It" happened, just like I thought it would. That "it" being sickness! So I got the house all done (with the exception of a box of game pieces that need to find their rightful home). I happened to get it all finished about 5 minutes before we were leaving for our camping trip. When we came home I had the girls help me bring EVERYTHING back inside from the van. I was pretty sure we brought everything but the kitchen sink. I was wrong, we left the kitchen sink and the wasp spray at home! Our camping trip will need a post of it's own. Anyways, this was a Sunday and the girls reminded me (in hopes of getting out of this huge task) that it was the Sabbath and how we shouldn't be working on it! Well, yes, that would be the general rule, however you can't leave wet things in a van, or food in there as well. And by golly I knew they would head out to the van to "get one thing" and I would find myself knee deep in "one things" before the day was out. So we got it all out of the van, into the house, and I had them immediately put it all away. So far so good I thought! Monday came and Jeremiah was home from work, his last day of vacation. I tried to wrap my brain around making up a plan to keep the house running smoothly, we went shopping, did school and the like. There was no hint of anyone being sick. We went to bed, only for me to be awakened at 3 AM to a toddler who was burning up! Now usually when my kids are sick their fevers wane come morning, and then build back up by evening. Not to mention that besides some fussiness, and some extra sleeping, they pretty much go about life as normal. Well this little guy was sick! His fever ran strong, night and day, even with meds. He was either nursing, trying to sleep, or crying! He had maybe 30 minutes of "play time" all day for the first two days. His play time consisted of him getting down grabbing an object, then crawling back into my arms to continue his fussing or nursing. But the thing that really settled it in my mind that he was really sick....he wouldn't eat solid foods! This is Jonah we are talking about! This is my meat and potatoes kid, this is my 'everything in life is good now that I have some food' type of kid. He didn't want to eat. Now that's bad. So I was able to get in to see our alternative practitioner. Her testing revealed that he has the swine flu *gasp*. I'm joking about the gasp part :-) She gave me a remedy for all of us should we fall ill this winter. I was to give him a dose every hour. Well by that night my boy was eating, and running and laughing! Don't get me wrong, he's still sick, but much, much improved! He woke up with a fever of maybe 99. His eyes were red, but now only one is pink. The only thing is he's still really fussy. But he is down and playing with toys and walking around. So I will continue giving him the remedy every hour today and hopefully by tomorrow he'll be more like himself.

Because he's still fussy I will need to get off of here. Here are my 'after' and 'before' pictures. Nothing drastic, but it's a nice change:



This is a self portrait as everyone bigger person was out of the house at the moment :-)


The long layers that you see in the 'after' picture are how long my hair is. I didn't get a back view, but I think you can see just how much was taken off.

And here is my explanation of some of the pictures you will be seeing, it is in order, but not every picture is taken into account. Hopefully it is evident when you see the montage.

*cowboys

*decluttering the computer room-before-well actually I should say "during"

*decluttering "after"

*our first egg!! (from one of our own chickens)

*an egg comparison-on the left a store bought egg, on the right, ours. Notice the color difference. Our egg yolks are actually orange. The darker color means more nutrients. So our we are feeding are chickens right :-)

*soccer girls-each girl in the soccer garb on the field

*tent practice-the girls slept out in a tent on our porch

*outside play time--our own petting zoo, tent building

*our museum adventure-notice Flannery jumping from a rock!

*our camping trip-unfortunately those are the only pictures I got! Ugh.

*last picture is for comic relief-make sure to look in the blue bin!



3 comments:

Henley said...

Kerri, your hair looks so pretty shorter! Good job! Love the pics of Jed too.

Unknown said...

I love the layering! Layering always makes hair, especially long hair, look healthier, in my opinion. Maybe its because it gives it more shape! Reminds me, I need to have mine relayered! GORGEOUS!

Nancy M. said...

Your hair looks wonderful! I am so glad to hear your little one is feeling better! I hope no one else gets sick either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...