Saturday, December 25, 2021

Getting ready for the new year

  We had an amazing Christmas this year.  We celebrated early with my sister's family, though my sister was not able to be here, who drove from KY.  We had my niece, who I haven't seen since she was about 5 years old, drive down from NY with her boyfriend. And my dad came from VA (my mom was not able to make it).  It was a fun filled night!!!  I really wish I had taken more pictures.  

  Christmas morning started on the later side..around 9 AM or so.  The girls used to spend the night sleeping around the tree, but times are changing. Flannery said she was too old, her back was hurting! Moira, well, she's in her own place with her own tree. Bella and Liam came home late from visiting family.  So this year it was Saoirse, Merida (she lasted half the night), and the boys.  

   Everyone agrees that it just didn't feel like the Christmas season this year.  None of us can put our fingers on it.  I will say that this was one of the most calm Christmases we've had.  Usually I am beyond ready to jump back into our 'normal' after all the celebrating.  That is not the case this year.

   We've had a slew of kiddos being sick, or spending some time in the ER. No worries, all is fine.  Thankfully, nothing serious for anyone.  Last year at this time we were eating horribly! We changed up our diet back in April, so I guess I am a bit surprised by how often they have come down with stuff. Though this year the illnesses have been minor compared to last years. But still...can we have an illness free winter? 

   Going back to the fact that I don't feel like I need to jump back into 'normal'. Part of that is that I am usually waiting for the new year to start fresh. This year has most certainly been different.  I purposely did not wait until a certain time, or date, to start things.  And instead of just trying to start all fresh for January, I've been slowly, little by little, making changes.  Though the diet change was instant, we didn't wait until a certain time.  We will be making some smaller changes starting this week.  I've been getting in shape slowly over the past year and a half.  I've added in a new program just a few weeks ago.  Schooling, again, been making small changes through the year. Tweaking things to make them work for us.

   I plan on writing more about those small changes coming up. For now, I leave with a few pictures that I have of the past few days.



I will have to look for pictures that others took.  This is the only group shot I have. 



We had an amazing tablescape, along with snowflakes hanging from the ceiling.  Moira put it all together.  Trees, animals, and lights in the middle of the table.



A fun puzzle my friend gave us.  It was a QRC code that you scanned and could win money. We won a whopping 25 cents!!  Ha!



Kids waiting to open presents!!  We had Moira and Adam over for Christmas Eve, and exchanged gifts with them.




We start with stockings.




Flannery and Saoirse waiting their turn to open a gift. 




Minecraft is still all the rage!




My gifts, already broken in :-)  A half gallon water bottle and a mini trampoline.




Jed wanted a picture with his stocking goodies.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...