Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Forget about twins, I'm having a dinosaur

Ha!  Ok, first let me say, in all seriousness, that I do NOT believe I am having twins.  I would be more willing to think so if I was growing larger than normal, but at a more steady rate.  This growing by leaps and bounds in two weeks is a bit much, but exactly what happened when I was preggers with Saoirse.  But of course, we can't discount the idea entirely :-)  Hence my post yesterday.

But last night I remembered something really cute that Jonah said.  It was soon after telling the kiddos that mommy has a baby in her tummy.  We have a book that shows (in drawings) the stages of growth that a fetus goes through (week 4, 8, 12, 16, etc.).  Jonah brought the book to me and asked me which one (which picture) was our baby.  I was just about 8 weeks, so I pointed to the 8 week fetus picture.  And Jonah comes out with, "You're having a dinosaur?"  WHA!!!????  Ha, ha!! No, honey, I'm having a baby, and right now that  is what the baby looks like.  He asked me if I was joking.  Nope, no joke.  So he goes back to the drawings and picks a picture that more resembles a real baby, and says, "No, mommy, this is the baby."  I tried to explain that in the very beginning babies really look like the first couple of pictures.  So he points to one of those and says, "This is a dinosaur, (and pointing to a baby looking picture) and this is a baby."

So I guess, for the time being...I am having a dinosaur :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...